I grew up lower middle-class in Eagle Lake, Minnesota, a small town in Southwest Minnesota, population 763. I’m the oldest of four kids, my dad is a barber and I taught myself how to program the Apple ][+ when I was 14. I’ve been writing code and consulting since I was 16. I love smart, interesting, complex people with big ideas who want to change the world. If that sounds like you, we’ll resonate.
In June 2012, I was diagnosed with stage 3A cancer and went through major surgery, chemotherapy and 33 radiation treatments. I’m very, very grateful to be alive and started feeling “normal” recently after receiving a “clear” from my incredible doctors.
I have a 13 year old son, Zak, and an incredible wife, Vivian Glyck, who does philanthropic work in Uganda and Senegal through the “Just Like My Child” foundation, a non-profit 501c3 organization that provides education, microfinance, microcredit, entrepreneurship, girls education and legal rights in Uganda and Senegal. I’m an active philanthropist and have raised over $2.2mm to support the foundation and a community of over 600,000 people. My mission and vision is to create 1,000,000 entrepreneurs in both the developed and developing world.
I’m a serial entrepreneur, founder and CEO of Instant Customer and Traffic Geyser (sold to in October 2014 – more later). I will help you grow your business by simplifying and automating marketing and teaching you “new media” skills that help you market and sell better online by elevating your value and brand.
If you ask me “what do you do”, I’d tell you: “If you have a message to share, want to get noticed, seen, found and view on any screen and in the pockets, computers, cars and televisions of your prospects and customers, automate your marketing, write good books, create products that sell like crazy, add an additional stream of income and make money with your ideas, I can help you in your journey with my products and trainings.”
How? I have five “superpowers” and thousands of “fatal flaws”, but here’s the stuff that matters to you:
- Vision: I have a 25+ year history of inventing products and services that bridge technology and marketing and solve complex business problems that are 2-4 years ahead of their time for over 25 years.
- Quick-Start, 100 Days from Idea to Launch: Over the past six years, I’ve gone from “Idea to Back Account” by turning ideas into products, producing a launch and generating $1.2mm-$9.1mm in sales in under 100 days twelve times in a row. My KOLBE is 5294.
- $1mm+ per Day Direct to Camera Sales: Imagine combining TED + PBS + Home Shopping Network without the “yuck” – like an interactive, online infomercial. Are you old enough to remember the “Jerry Lewis Telethons”? I have a unique skillset of being able to present direct to camera and sell just about any product or service in an entertaining, educational format that produces a minimum of $100 to as high as $1,272 per viewer for as long as 12 hours without breaks.
- Results-based Teaching: Simplifying the Complex – I bridge the gap between tech, marketing and implementation. I was a classic ADHD, C- student who hated school and sat in the “dumb kid classes.” After barely passing high school, I learned that I am a kinesthetic learner, and had to teach myself how to think, learn and store information in unusual ways. As a result, I’m intuitive and able to teach others with a variety of modalities to rapidly implement and get results. Over the past 20+ years, I’ve taught hundreds of thousands of people how to write books, create products, make videos, online TV or radio shows and podcasts and start businesses in a few days to a few months.
- Extracting Genius Knowledge and Experience with Interviews: I love interesting, complex, and “wicked smart” people with big ideas who want to change the world. In 30-60 minute interviews, I “extract” just about anyone’s core genius, specialized knowledge, their “why” and “how” they do what they do and “re-teach” that information to an audience that’s both entertaining and engaging.
It aint’ bragging if it’s true: I’ve produced twelve consecutive online multimillion dollar launches in a row, the largest grossing $9.1mm in a single week, presented in a $3.1mm in a single “direct to camera” livecast and over the past 6 months, generated $212.28-$1,273.54 per viewer in direct to camera video livecasts four times in a row. Every iteration of the product cycle (invention, creation, offer, launch) occurred in 100 days or less for all twelve launches.
On October 3, 2014, I sold my companies to publicly-traded “The Pulse Network”, an event services business with enterprise clients including Intel, Microsoft, SAP, Rockwell and more. After ten years, I felt that in order to grow my companies, I needed to either merge, get investors or be purchased by a company with the management and a clear plan for growth. I’m a creator, serial entrepreneur and “quick-start” – not an operator or manager. I don’t have the skillset, DNA or interest in running a company, managing people, large teams, dealing with attorneys, bankers, accountants, logistics or operations.
I’ve written nine #1 bestselling books in 22 months, produced a feature film distributed by Warner Brothers and a documentary, “Life With Tesla” about going all-solar and gasoline-free with an electric car. I’ve been driving a Tesla for five years. To me, entrepreneurship is all about freedom and independence, especially from big oil and big government. I’m neither political or religious, but lean towards a socially and spiritually conscious mindset with a libertarian point of view.
If you share similar vision or goal, change lives with passion and purpose, we’ll resonate. Send me a private message on my Facebook page and pass along your home address. I’ll send you a copy of my #1 bestselling book, “Publish And Profit: A 5-Step System For Attracting Paying Coaching And Consulting Clients, Traffic And Leads, Product Sales, And Speaking Engagements” as a gift.
If you want to “meet” me before we talk – listen to an interview I did on Entrepreneur on Fire with John Lee Dumas.